Tropicana Entertainment is strongly committed to responsible gaming.
We want everyone gambling at our casinos for the right reason – to have fun. Tropicana Entertainment makes annual contributions to the Center of Responsible Gaming over the last 25 years because we care for everybody’s well – being. Compulsive gambling is a serious issue that Tropicana Entertainment will continue addressing and providing information.
Our Commitment to You
We will continue to:
- Post and provide the general public with information addressing the subject of responsible gaming. Each property will continue to post written materials and contact information throughout gaming, cage and cash dispensing areas.
- Maintain a program that allows patrons to self – limit their access to the issuance of credit, checking cashing and direct marketing offers.
- Review our credit policies & procedures.
- Provide ongoing education to our staff members for recognizing and understanding the nature and symptoms of problem gambling behaviors. In addition, staff members are further encouraged to assist patrons in obtaining information about problem gambling programs.
- Actively participate in local, state and national programs and/or organizations dealing with responsible gambling.
- Serve alcoholic beverages responsibly
- Monitor attentively to prevent underage gambling and unattended minors in our casinos
- Advertise responsibly
The Warning Signs of Problem Gambling
Please take the following survey to see if you may have a gambling problem:
- Do you lose time from work due to gambling?
- Is gambling making your home life unhappy?
- Is gambling having a negative effect on your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Do you ever gamble to get money to pay debts or to solve financial problems?
- Does gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible to win back your losses?
- After a win, do you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
- Do you ever borrow money from family or friends to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold any real estate or personal property to finance your gambling?
- Are you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
- Does gambling make you careless of the welfare of your family?
- Do you ever gamble for longer than you planned?
- Do you ever gamble to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Does gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create an urge for you to gamble?
- Do you have the urge to celebrate any good fortune by gambling a few hours?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction as a result of your gambling?
Most compulsive gamblers will answer “yes” to at least 7 of these questions.
If you or someone you know is suffering from a gambling problem, help is only a phone call away!
Please call the following 24-hour confidential national compulsive gambling hotline: 1-800-522-4700
Or call the Gambling Hotline: 1-800-9 WITH IT or 1-800-994-2448
If you wish to view a full copy of the AGA Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming, log on to the AGA website at www.americangaming.org